Friday 7 March 2014

The Alphabet of Our Love

 
Looking for something to make my husband for Valentines Day I came across the idea of an Alphabet of Love. I took this idea and ran with it creating a page for each letter, with personalised pictures and write-ups.

The Items I Used

·         Internet for different letters e.g. Google Image the ‘Letter A Block’
·         Photoshop (other picture or paint programs would work)
·         Basic Point & shoot Camera
·         Scrap Booking things
·         Select your favourite photos of yourselves and your children or pets.
·         Photograph Paper
·         Laminating (I do not have a machine so went to the local printing store)
·         Binding (As above)

Process

1.       I wrote down the alphabet and came up with short write ups for each letter
A – A is for Always
J – Jis for our Journey of Joy Together
X – an eXtra-ordinary life. That is what we are lucky enough to share.
2.       I then googled different images for letter to use and saved the pictures to my computer.
 
3.       I got my scrapbooking kit out and found different letters and took photographs of them and saved them to my computer.
 
4.       For the Page C, - I wrote the message C is for Me (our daughters name is Chloe) on a piece of paper and got our baby to hold it and I took the photo and saved this to my computer.
 
5.    I opened them in photoshop and arranged the different elements of pictures and writing together in a way I liked. (NB! Make a bar on the top of the page, your book needs to be bound and you don’t want to lose part of your page to this!)
 
 
       6.       Once all your pages are made save them as JPEGS and you can print them onto Photopaper. (If you don’t have a fancy printer like me – I took the pictures and printed them all from an express picture printer at my local camera store.)
 
       7.       I then Laminated each page, so that the pictures do not get damaged my fingers.
 
       8.       MAKE SURE THEY WERE IN ORDER A – Z and Bind them.
 
       9.       Voila you have a book, You can add ribbons or items onto the book to give it a bit of texture – careful not to make it too girl for your man. Gentlemen if you are making this for your sweetheart... go wild.
 

In the End

I got a bit worried once I had done all this... do men enjoy these girly sentimental gifts. I decided to be safe - I would buy him a fancy Parker Pen as well (every crafty pen I buy he decides he needs to take to work and I never see it again, maybe this will help.) When my husband opened and went through the book I had created he loved it. All the time I had put in meant more to him that the Parker Pen I brought him! I wonder how many cheap handmade things I can make for him till he starts to get sick of themJ haha

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment